Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

FORD Mustang 2007 ABS HS-CAN Help

CANBus Communications Decoded

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course CAN Bus Communications Decoded

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi i'm currently implementing a Maxxecu Race on 2007 4.6L 3v Mustang.

The Maxxecu CAN protocol for 2011-2015 works great except for one issue..

ABS does not identify the PCM as Present and therefore throws a Can communciatin error code.

I need your help to find and identify the message that the ABS looks for too find a PCM present?

The only thing PCM uses to communicate with the car overall is 500 kb HS-CAN bus.

MS-can is for body and vehicle messages and does not connect to the PCM in 2007.

Anyone have an idea on how to proceed?

step 1 would be to determine which id's the oem ecu sends but the maxx does not,

Secondly the data in the messages being transmitted by the ecu that's different from the maxx.

note: there's usually some type of validation check or rolling counter for abs systems to prevent false triggering of abs systems.

Hopefully you're able to sniff a stock vehicle, or perhaps plug your stock PCM in and power everything up, but not run the engine to do what Mitch mentioned.

If your setup would allow the stock PCM to run the engine, then start it up as well.

i have found out that the ABS reacts to a present ECU if the following is sent via playback and savvycan.

0x4E0 48 00 00 01 9A 00 00 00

and VIN on 0x4FF. Now i just need to find out what kind of information that is sent on ID 4e0 so i can relay that and find a workaround.

Good progress!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?